Saturday, August 28, 2010

Stopping in Morton, Washington

I drove back north out of Mt. St. Helens National Monument to Route 12 and then west to Morton. I had breakfast here at a very nice cafe. I asked the waitress if they had WIFI, and she said, "No, but they have it next door and if you're lucky you may be able to pick it up through the wall." I was lucky, got very good reception and did one more blog along with finishing off the eggs and hash browns.

I spotted a notice taped to the door that there was a multifamily garage sale somewhere down highway 508. I was interested because I had also lost my red jacket and needed a replacement for those cold mornings and colder nights. I looked down the street I was on and sure enough it was highway 508 (also Main Street). I just followed it for a mile or so until I came to a garage loaded with stuff. This was a real garage sale out of a real garage overflowing into the driveway. I found a nice jacket for $5.00, chatted a bit with the homeowner, and then continued on my way to Portland.
 Around 4:30, I found a campground about 45 minutes north of Portland and called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment