Monday, August 9, 2010

Munsinger Flower Garden, Cloud, Minnesota


                                            Munsinger Flower Garden, St. Cloud, Minnesota

 I said goodbye to Jane and Pavel and set off for Dent, MN so named because of the corn grown there whose kernels each have a little dent in them. If that's not a ridiculous reason for naming a town, I don't know what is. Anyway my friends Richard and Anna live there and I was off to visit them. Richard is my friend of longest standing. We shared a room together during my first trip to Israel on a B'nai Brith Youth Organization tour  after I graduated high school in 1956. I hadn't seen him or Anna in about ten years, but we were able to pick up right where we left off (wherever that was) and found plenty to talk about.

Along the way I stopped off in St. Cloud to visit the Munsinger Flower Garden. It was a rather large area filled with flowers all in bloom. There was a shady area next to a lake on one side of a small road and a larger area with full sun on the other. Many flowers were common flowers that one might see in a Mt. Airy garden , but some were more exotic. I was very proud of myself for having remembered to bring the camera with me as I walked around the garden, and I took several pictures - of a beautiful sculptured fountain as well as of the flowers.

                                                    The Munsinger Garden, St. Cloud, Minnesota  

I reached Richard and Anna's around 6:30. My visit got off to a very good start because my lost envelope with all of my documents in it had already arrived and was waiting for me. We went out for dinner to a restaurant called The Pickle Factory. Happily, they did serve other dishes as well, and I had a very tasty fish dinner. We talked for a long time after dinner, primarily about Richard's current efforts to run for office as a Democratic Party candidate in a very conservative part of Minnesota.


No comments:

Post a Comment