Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Camping at Rusty Acres

What with getting up late, doing some laundry, preparing and eating breakfast, going thru a lot of aggravation getting my netbook to do what I wanted it to, and packing up my camping gear, it was time for lunch by the time I was ready to start out. By the time I actually hit the road it was almost 2:00. My GPS tried to take me northwest by going south, but I caught on sooner than yesterday and turned her off. This is definitely putting a strain on our relationship!

I spent the night at the aptly named Rustic Acres Campground. My site was right up against the woods and I spotted a deer there at sunset. Again, I was the only tent camper in the campground. I did have a nice chat with a couple with a huge trailer who were driving back to Arizona after visiting their grandchildren in New England. I hope they enjoy being with their grandchildren as much as I enjoy being with Miriam - but I suppose they must or they wouldn't be driving all that way in that huge vehicle to see them.
Incidentally, if any of you are expecting any e-mail from me during this trip, that probably won't happen. So far I have been able to receive e-mail, but I can't send any. I don't know why. This computer is just very cranky.

No comments:

Post a Comment